Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Hilbert!




Hooray, we're married! We got married June 13 in Charleston, and it was, as predicted, the greatest day on Earth. Evan and I had the most fun ever, and it was so great to see all our family and friends. The ceremony was just what I wanted, and the reception was perfect. Well, I mean, I guess it was. We never ate any of the food...nor did we ever have to actually go to the bar for drinks. But I did eat the cake, and it was great. So, I'm sure the reception was perfect. Plus, I scored bonus points when I surprised Evan by having the DJ play our first "song," from way back when I still carried the freshman 15 (ok, maybe 20) and Evan's least favorite activity was going to class. I plan to use these bonus points in fights for at least the next 2-3 months. Score!

Unfortunately, we had to drive back to KY the next day so I could get right back to boring old bar review class. Lame. We're going on a honeymoon after I take the bar exam July 28-29. We're going to Disney to meet Mickey, Minnie, and maybe even Buzz Lightyear (Evan's personal hero). Until then, it's just the same old routine. I go to class every morning, Evan makes the bed really poorly, I come home and complain about that and then we fight over what TV to watch while I study. Ahhh, life is good.

Oh, and one final bit of news. Evan's first story since graduating was published the other day in The Leo, a Louisville alternative magazine. My little journalist! Here's a link.

Enjoy!

No comments: