Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

For a few days, Evan and I led a life that was not mind-dullingly boring! We went to Kansas for Thanksgiving to see my Uncle Bruce and Aunt Mikey and my cousins/cousins-in-law, Greg and Stacey, Doug and Stephanie, and Mark.

The two big stories from this weekend are:



1. Evan ran his first 5k! Despite some trepidation, he ran it easily and could have gone even faster. We ran it in a little over 30 mins. Of course, if I hadn't promised to stick with Evan I'm sure I could have completed it in
just over 18 minutes. These are the sacrifices you make in relationships.





2. We got to meet my new second cousin, Chase, for the first time! He was born in July (I think) to my cousin/cousin-in-law Greg and Stacey, and he's pretty awesome. He really enjoys smiling, just like Will Ferrel in Elf! He also really likes eating, so him and Evan had a lot to talk about (ZING!). His other favorite, grosser, thi
ng to do was spit up. The following is a picture we took with him, and he's clearly not pleased to be hanging out with two people who know next to nothing about child-rearing (he's an intuitive little fella).


No comments: